Machines are tools that are designed to ease out human efforts. Well, the textbook definition comes to a halt after this. But when it comes to the practical world, the application is somewhat different. Machines are no longer tools to reduce effort put in by human efforts but also help machines to reduce their effort. As we know that the world is under constant evolution. Technology is something that is upgraded at regular intervals. The same rule is applicable in case of machinery. Machines are upgraded everyday to suit the requirements of humans and a major requirement of humans is to design machines which further ease out the load on the prevailing machines so as to enhance their output and efficiency.
One stop solution
One such requirement of every machine is lubrication. Lubrication is essential to all the machines, whether big or small, simple or complex. Time and again, various solutions have been devised to facilitate easy application of lubricant in the machine but a grease gun is something that has been most successful in catering to the needs. Dubbed as a common garage tool for the efficiency and ease of use it offers, it is commonly used in workshops and garage by most of the people. The main purpose for which the grease gun is used is for the application of lubricant. Lubricant is applied by means of a nozzle or an opening to a particular point which is mostly done on a grease fitting. The designing and structure of the gun makes sure that the lubricant is not wasted and is applied only on points where it is needed. Grease guns are available in various designs and types.
Grease guns can be put to a variety of uses, provided you buy the right grease gun. At Toolsinsider.org you can get some quality advice on the various models of grease guns available in the market and also retrieve essential information about the do’s and don’ts of the piece of machinery. When it comes to grease guns, most of the people think of it as a simple machine and do not pay attention to the technicalities and specifications during the time of purchase. However, Tools Insider brings for you an eagle’s eye view of the various parameters that are to be complied with and other features that are specially to be taken care of while buying a grease gun:
- Trigger mechanism guns – In this particular model, the person builds up back-pressure which further forces the grease from the nozzle by means of the trigger mechanism that applies pressure to spring mechanism at the back of the lubricant, which finally forces the grease out of the gun.
- No trigger mechanism guns – The grease guns where one does not require trigger mechanism basically pushes the grease from the aperture. But the difference is that you don’t have to use your hand to create pressure but it is done by means of a button which is linked to a piston mechanism that pumps the grease out of the gun.
- Air compression guns – The latest inclusion in the grease guns is the air powered guns in which air in its compressed form is channeled into the gun by means of hose. The air pressure inside the gun forces the gun to come out from the aperture.
- Lever guns – One of the most common and price friendly grease guns that are available in the market, lever guns make use of the lever mechanism to push the grease outside. All you have to do is pull the lever and due to the pressure created inside the gun, the grease will come out. Such guns are usually suitable for lighter applications as they offer the convenience and ease of use.
- Battery powered guns – Yet another grease gun which is equally popular is the cordless gun. These guns make use of batteries to derive power which makes it easier to work with them. Also with the help of these guns, you can go anywhere as they offer you portability. Since they are powered by batteries, one does not have to fret about carrying the entire mechanism.
- Extent of application – When it comes to selecting the best grease gun in the market, Tools Insider suggests you to consider the application that the gun will serve for you. For heavy use, the type of gun that will help you to ooze out more lubricant at a time. Well, the point is that select a gun in accordance with the purpose you need it for.
- Convenience – For the beginners as well as veterans, selecting a grease gun full of technicalities and functionalities is of little help as a highly technical gun will mean that you will take more time to understand its working. Thus, select a gun with optimum number of strokes/ounce and maximum pressure that can be produced by the grease gun and see to it that it is as per your requirement.
- Assurance and warranty – An important and sometimes neglected feature of the grease gun is the warranty and assurance provided by the brand on the product. While it is important to select a branded product, it is equally important to look into all its features including warranty covers too.
Thus, this was with the opinion of Toolsinsider.org on the common features to look in a grease gun. For more information you can visit the site.…